Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ugly Dream, Yellow Tepid Water

by Rachel McIntire, Oakland, CA

April Something 2008
Guided by Amanda



Left


Straight to the left, right?
Correct in the misstep took
Taken away, left?

Continuous clack whine whiz cough sandwiched between

31

Anxiety and stress and all things that go with being a senior in May: transition & reflection
Simultaneously
Joy and fear, excitement and antipathy towards leaving a creating a future

Ugly dream, yellow tepid water searching through body parts, looking for glasses to prove life.

Half blue, half olive. Quietly with white sheets and a chalky room with Quaker like furniture, to sit upon.

Choices set at dusk
Seagulls part but sun won’t sent
Intersection seared


(Love,
Where have you gone?
I haven’t stopped looking for you.
I’ve just taken a rest by the river.
Any reassurance you could send in the
form of whispers and kisses would b
greatly appreciated, as you know,
courage can be a coward.

In love,
R)

Bringgggg
Brrringgggg

“hello butter?...”
“wawa waaa waa wahhh wahhh?”

“…..I’ve been in madness today and I am going to make food to bring me back to earth. Matzo and a fried egg….. yes yolk in the center…. surrender by the whites.

16

one
What was it that you dreamt about me that scared you so?

two
Will you tell me a true love sorry? Can you?

three
You really don’t want to know to find the missing links that even in their missing define you and therefore me?

No comments: